10 hours ago
With the first Mets spring training game less than a week away, I decided to put together my predictions of what our roster/lineup will look like.
• Keon Broxton: You may be wondering why I have Broxton on my list instead of Juan Lagares. I feel Broxton is a younger, quicker version of Lagares, and will be a key bench player for the Mets.
• Peter Alonso: We all know that he will be the Mets best option at first base this upcoming year, but it seems that he won’t start the year in the MLB because of service time, but I put him on here anyways.
• Yoenis Cespedes: As of now, we don’t know how Cespedes will do when he comes back, or even WHEN he will come back. Brodie believes he play like an Allstar, which is hard to believe.
• Jeff McNeil: Mets manager Mickey Callaway has announced the outfield will most likely consist of Michael Conforto (RF), Brandon Nimmo (CF), and Jeff McNeil (LF).
• T.J. Rivera: Many people forgot how well Rivera played before he hit the DL, needing Tommy John. He hit in the .290’s and played second base very well for the Mets. I wouldn’t be surprised for him to be a breakout player, even off the bench.
Do you agree with my roster and lineups? Did I miss anyone?
mets lgm roster springtraining lgm ouryear mlb sports