1 hour ago
Take some time in the morning to enjoy and appreciate your morning routine!
Establishing a morning routine can prepare and set the tone for your day
For many, it allows you some moments of calm before the whirlwind of activities, appointments and schedules begin
My morning routine begins with a few stretches followed by a hot cup of tea and some reading
This morning I needed extra pep so I enjoyed an almond butter oatmeal slice as well. Full of whole grains, fibre and protein.
See the recipe below.
1 cup almond butter
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup oats
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 + 2 tbs almond milk
3/4 - 1 cup coconut sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
3 tbs unsweetened coconut (optional) * Mix oat flour, oats, baking powder, and unsweetened coconut in a bowl
* Beat almond butter, vanilla and coconut sugar together on high
* Add dry ingredients to the almond butter mixture
* Pour in almond milk, beat until just mixed (do not over mix)
* Fold in coconut and chocolate chips (or any other toppings)
* bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry
Make sure to cool them before cutting into them
What is your morning routine? Comment below.