38 seconds ago
Struggling with Hypothyroidism or Hashimotos? Don’t forget to click & save this post ♥️
Improving thyroid health can be tricky, as there’s a lot of moving parts and factors. Nutrition, exercise, lifestyle habits, environmental exposures, adrenal health, liver health, gut health, and certain nutrients all play a role in the health of the thyroid.
If looking for great resources to learn more, we love Izabella Wentz’s Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis & Hashimotos Protocol, as well as Avivva Romm’s Adrenal Thyroid Revolution.
There’s certainly no magic pill, so while supplementation is great, don’t forget that we need to also consider changes to diet, lifestyle, exercise, and environment as well ☺️
See below for some supplements worth highlighting to maximize thyroid health:
• Zinc plays important roles in both gut and thyroid health. A deficiency can contribute to intestinal permeability and also inhibits the conversion of T4 into active T3 hormone. Dealing with acne and poor skin? Zinc is also a natural antimicrobial. Keep in mind that hormonal birth control depletes zinc!
• N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) has a variety of benefits. NAC helps replenish glutathione (a powerful antioxidant in the body), supports liver detoxification, may help heal intestinal permeability, & may even help reduce thyroid antibodies. We love combining NAC w/ milk thistle to help support the liver in properly firing on all cylinders.
• Bone broth, collagen, & L-glutamine are all great for supporting healthy gut lining/improving intestinal permeability.
• Selenium & magnesium are crucial to thyroid health & required for conversion of T4 to active T3 hormone. Supplementation of selenium may even reduce TPO antibodies!
• Vitamin D & Vitamin B12 levels are often lower in those with hypothyroidism & oh-so important! Consider bloodwork to rule out deficiency.
• A quality adrenal support product containing adaptogens like Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, American Ginseng, Eleuthero, etc can help support a healthy stress response & promote happy cortisol levels.
Make sure to use quality brands! We love zhounutrition, thorneresearch, & pureencapsulations.
Questions? Drop ‘em below ⬇