2 days ago
[Quran Chapter 27]15. And We gave David and Solomon knowledge. They said, "Praise God, who has favored us over many of His believing servants."
16. And Solomon succeeded David. He said, "O people, we were taught the language of birds, and we were given from everything. This is indeed a real blessing."
17. To the service of Solomon were mobilized his troops of sprites, and men, and birds—all held in strict order.
18. Until, when they came upon the Valley of Ants, an ant said, "O ants! Go into your nests, lest Solomon and his troops crush you without noticing."
19. He smiled and laughed at her words, and said, "My Lord, direct me to be thankful for the blessings you have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and to do good works that please You. And admit me, by Your grace, into the company of Your virtuous servants."
20. Then he inspected the birds, and said, "Why do I not see the hoopoe? Or is he among the absentees?
21. I will punish him most severely, or slay him, unless he gives me a valid excuse."
22. But he did not stay for long. He said, "I have learnt something you did not know. I have come to you from Sheba, with reliable information.
23. I found a woman ruling over them, and she was given of everything, and she has a magnificent throne.
24. I found her and her people worshiping the sun, instead of God. Satan made their conduct appear good to them, and diverted them from the path, so they are not guided.
25. If only they would worship God, who brings to light the mysteries of the heavens and the earth, and knows what you conceal and what you reveal.
26. God—There is no god but He, the Lord of the Sublime Throne."
27. He said, "We will see, whether you have spoken the truth, or whether you are a liar.
28. Go with this letter of mine, and deliver it to them; then withdraw from them, and see how they respond."
29. She said, "O Counselors, a gracious letter was delivered to me.
30. It is from Solomon, and it is, 'In the Name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
31. Do not defy me, and come to me submissively.'"
32. She said, "O counselors, advise me in this matter of mine. I never make a decision unless you are present."