26 minutes ago
Ways to ensure you have enough protein
1. Change your shopping list - if you’re not buying enough, you can’t eat enough
2. Have some quick and easy go to protein snacks - tofu, tinned Tina, protein shakes and bars. These will all get you a good 20-30g of protein without the prep.
3. Plan and prepare - you’ve just got to do it. When works best for you? The weekend? morning before work? After work? whilst cooking dinner?
4. Track and amend - logging throughout your day will highlight if you are under your targets, and will give you time to rectify.
5. Base your meal around the protein - let it be your focus and allow vegetables, carbs and fats work around it.
6. Boost your intake with lentils, chickpeas, edamame beans, pulses, quinoa, cottage cheese, quark as a compliment to your meal.
7. Understand that if you are not getting enough, your body can’t repair and build muscle. You’re not just going to fluke it. Don’t kid yourself.
food nutrition protein knowledgeispower davidlloyd personaltrainer hull themoreyouknow planning preparation progress results strength fatloss muscle gains gainsville