6 minutes ago
WHY MOLASSES is like patience:
Random thoughts 💭
1. Slow! Ever tried pouring that stuff? Molasses is in no hurry! Just like patience. It is hard when we have to wait for answers & breakthroughs. Modern society tells us if we need something we have access at our fingertips. But, the best things don’t happen overnight, like finding a spouse, waiting for a baby to be born, finding that perfect home or right career. •
2. Sticky Patience can be a sticky situation. Doesn’t come easy. It’s a bit uncomfortable at times. In the waiting periods we sometimes question if we should be pushing or in peace. •
3. Bitter & sweet. We dislike it yet love it when the breakthrough comes! Learning to be patient shows the fruit in our lives. Are we grumbly or joyful?
4. Secret weapon (deal maker or breaker) for certain desserts molasses MAKES it. Without that tiny pinch of that dark substance the dessert isn’t what it should be! Same with patience. It’s a small character trait, that can be a DEAL maker in our life. And without it it can be a deal breaker.
5. Reduces and reverses illness. Molasses is used by many naturopathic doctors to help patients get minerals that can help reverse inflammation & cancers. Likewise, learning to do patience well can reduce stress in our lives. Being content in our NOW vs. worrying leads to a healthier lifestyle. •
6. Iron 💪🏽: molasses is super high in iron which keeps our oxygen conversion strong & muscles fueled. In the same way, some of the most patient people are the most strong, steady & stable. •
Joseph in the Bible had Prophetic dreams at age 17 of ruling and reigning. It wasn’t until he was 30, (13 YEARS later) after having been in slavery for 11 yrs then prison for 2 yrs, that his breakthrough came. During those years he was patient, long suffering.
He grew in favor & was always being promoted. He chose a good attitude in the midst of suffering and trusted God. One day, the tables turned & he went from the dungeon to Pharaohs right hand man & stayed. •
Patience is in a sense trusting God in the waiting seasons of life with confidence He will do what He has promised you He would do! Be encouraged 💚