1 day ago
Some wrap-up pics from an amazing weekend at Hyperfest at VIR. It was about a 350 mile shakedown for Marta, and I learned a LOT about what needs to be done next.
The quick list is as follows:
Fuel system cleanup — she cut fuel about 4 times on the way home. Always for a couple seconds, then back to life. Only had to clutch kick her back once. We’re thinking buildup in the tank from sitting, so I’ll start by draining and cleaning that out, and probably swap the Walbro 255lph pump in while I’m there in preparation for the 3S-GTE swap.
Brakes — Hoo boy. The surface rust doesn’t even want to scrub off, especially on the rears. Probably a good system-wide rebuild/upgrade is in order. Fronts were hot enough to smell after just a couple instances of moderate braking for turns.
Gauges — by the time I got home, I had one working gauge: the voltmeter. I may try a wholesale swap to the turbo cluster to see how much is from capacitors, and I’ll check wiring and sensors for other things, which leads me to…
Speed sensor — car didn’t have one at all. I stuffed the black car’s cable speed sensor in the hole for now, but I’ll need the electronic one.
One wheel stud is broken. I’ll replace it when I’m doing brakes.
Other odds and ends, but those are the big categories. Coming along, though!
Roller 📷: samartinson