10 minutes ago
Celebrate Spring/Summer’s arrival, with some succulent spicy shrimp! Peep chefandsteward ‘s recipe below! SAVOR THE HEAT
highnoonspice scotchbonnet scotchbonnets jamaicanfood caribbeanfood spices spicy seasoning peppers hotpeppers spicygourmetfoods gourmetfoods food foodie foodies cookingwithspices freshfood
Jamaican Pepper Shrimp Recipe
Ingredients * 1/8 teaspoon Highnoon Spice Scotch Bonnet Pepper Seasoning
* 2 dashes Highnoon Spice Caribbean Red Pepper Seasoning
* 1 kilo deveined shrimp whole, or headless with shells
* 3 stalks scallions/green onions/spring onions
* 2 cloves garlic, smashed
* 1 /12 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt (more or less to taste)
* 1 teaspoon whole pimento/allspice
* 2 tablespoons plain oil (like peanut, sunflower, canola)
* 1 sprig fresh thyme
1. Heat a large frying pan or wok on med -high until very hot. It is essential that the pan is very hot.
2. Add oil
3. Add all ingredients and allow to saute. Don't move around the food for about 10-15 secs when you first put it in pan in order to ensure that the pan stays hot and you dont create steam from the water generated from a cooling pan. After that, stir for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove from pan to cool. Serve at room temperature.
5. Tastes even better the next day. Simply refrigerate and bring to room temperature before serving (no reheating). 6. For more info, visit https:www.chefandsteward.com/2019/05/13/best-ever-jamaican-pepper-shrimp-recipe/ for this and other great recipes.