58 minutes ago
Alright so here it isDIETING IS HARD! Not just self control but mentally. So long story short here is what happened. I over atea lot.
I have less then 2 weeks left of this keto cut (it's almost April y'all!) and on Saturday I was just hungry. Usually I can shrug this off but I decided to eat just a little extra here and there (damn snacking!) and was conscious about the macros. Before I knew it I was almost capped for the day and it wasn't even noon. Since I knew I was going to be hungry later I decided that I would allow myself to eat a little extra todaywell I didn't stop. The worst part being at some points I was just eating to eat, I wasn't even hungry!
Now I'm posting this for a few reasons:
1. This one day does not define me or my results. Get back on the horse and keep going. You're one day does not undo everything.
2. This was not a "cheat" day. I don't use that term for food as I don't think any food/day/meal should be negatively associated as most foods aren't inherently bad.
3. It's important to stay conscious of the harder days and keep tabs on what makes them challenging. For example the fact I was eating when not hungry is important to know for when I begin upping my calories slowly.
4. If you notice that you are developing an unhealthy relationship towards food, address it. Look into day/ meal refeeds, try a diet break, switch diets, reevaluate why you are dieting. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health
5. DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP OR PUNISH YOURSELF! The next day I was tempted to eat very little, do a fast, and go hard at the gym. While there are health benefits to all 3 I wasn't doing it for health, I was doing it because I was upset at myself for "failing". With all this being said I was very bloated Sunday (58g fiber and 30net/130g carb!) And had gained weight per the scale. It's only been a day and a few of those lbs and the bloating have gone back down but more importantly I'm mentally back in it! I'm not mad at myself, I'm not upset with my body, I'm not mad at quest for making delicious protein bars haha. I'm happy that I'm on the journey, and while it's still hard I know I'm going to finish strong!